1. Hi there Guest, over the next few days we are going to start experimenting with ad placement on this website. They should only show up on the sidebar and below the content to be as unobtrusive as possible.

A freakin, frakin podcast!

Discussion in 'News' started by Zack, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Zack

Zack Administrator
    Staff Member

zackerykr
    Admin
    My gosh has it been a minute since I've done a podcast. But I did another one! You can listen to it with your ear holes over here. I need to hear from you guys, about where you want the server to go, and what you would like to see. I need some direction. That's all I'm gonna say! It's 16 minutes, listen to it.

-Zack

2. DobkinGrigother

If you need help with bosses, I can give you ideas!
    Maybe staff plugins that are more than one, you can find a plugin that has all of them mashed together.. I don't know what ones you have, if there's a place to see all 106 lol that'd be cool.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

I think the server is fine where it's at, but it cattracted more attention a while ago, I'm not sure about the chain of events to lead the server on its population decay, but I remember a consistent amount of people online, and a lot of people online regardless of school week or weekend. Like you said advertising will help out a little bit it will lead to a plateau again. And also, again like you said, minecraft is getting stale. It was fresh for the first 3 years of play, but now if feels too commercial. Too produced on the sense that, what they are adding to the game and how they are tweaking it. Mine craft will always be fun to me. It's hard to offer suggestions when this version isn't any different from how it was a year or 2 ago, when I was on. Aside from the custom map maybe? I don't understand the issue with that though. I haven't been here for a while, but I plan on renewing my full time denizen of the server as well as supporting it. The new lock plugin is confusing, Lockette was simpler hahaha, however that's a petty concern. Big picture suggestions, I don't know. It seems that we are building a house with termite infested wood on an already sketchy foundation. And what I mean by that is that everything we are doing won't benefit the server. Maybe a whole revamp everything fresh, possibly but that's a TON of work in addition to everyone being busy. New spawn, shaken up plugins, classes are cool, just the whole server infrastructure as a whole. But like I said, that would take a whole heap of work. I think the main issue is a lack of a consistent player base. If we establish that, then much more will be able to happen. Changing anything won't be beneficial if hardly anyone is on the sever to experience it. I think the player base is probably priority number one.

4. Zack

Zack Administrator
    Staff Member

zackerykr
    Admin
    I would appreciate the ideas, and as for the plugins, I think this list is mostly up to date. Finding a happy medium where the unified plugin has all the features of the singular plugin is also something rather difficult, as one is always lacking something else. Of course, we could just cut back what we don't use regularly.

I'm not sure what led it to lose population either, my guess would be school. And I wouldn't say it's exactly the same, but it's very close to, which is disappointing. I also realize it would take a ton of work to rework the server - that isn't necessarily the answer here though. Advertising and player base would be amazing, yeah, but remembering to do it and actually making sure it happens is another thing. And yeah, playerbase is always #1 when it comes to servers (usually), but again this was more to see where everyone was standing.