An Update

Hello everyone! It's been a little while since I've posted an update, and I think you all are due for one.

Towny Kingdoms:
Progress on 1.14 has been slow, as it is for almost any update. Throughout the update for 1.14, we've been battling updates, weird changes in the code that I wasn't expecting, and plugins getting updated slowly or not at all. However, that doesn't mean that progress hasn't been made, and that doesn't mean I haven't had a ton of ideas for things we're going to be doing.

A long time ago (~1-2 years ago at this point) TK was a very different place. TK was just one server, operating autonomously from anything else. It also had a lot of custom stuff going on behind the scenes and that put us at an advantage in the space that I didn't fully appreciate. At the moment, as all of you know, TK is a network connected with Wytherin and some other servers coming down the pipe eventually™. That part isn't changing, but the main Towny Kingdoms server is.

So, what does that mean? Well, I'll tell you in the form of a list:

1. We're bringing back the old spawn that all of the original staff made and worked on for around 5-6 months. It's currently in the process of being revamped
  2. We're bringing back the old rank tree, which I'll go over in a separate post
  3. Leveled mobs are coming back (the further from Spawn you stray, the harder the mobs get)
  4. Dungeons, events and custom loot are also coming back (more on that later)
  5. Voting awards and points are going to be used for items, spawners, boosters, and low-level ranks
  6. Some other stuff that isn't 100% yet, but there are some things to look out for :)
And of course, with all of that, 1.14.2 is getting implemented (or maybe 1.14.3 if that ever gets released). So, those are some pretty big changes, and I'm really excited to be bringing this all back, and I know staff members are as well.

Wytherin:
I'll be working together with Kitty to update Wytherin to 1.13.2 so that we're running on a more closely related code base and protocol so that the versions aren't so vastly different. Hopefully, this will fix some things, but you're all going to have to be patient with us while we work on that. Obviously, updates don't happen with a snap of a finger, however, after having experience updating from 1.12.2 we should be in pretty good shape.

Other Servers:
There have been some other developments as well, including one that Write has been working on for a while now and I'm excited to see what happens with it. It will be a Skyblock server, with some interesting twists. Another server that I've been working on as a bit of a passion project is a server called Good Old Minecraft. It is a whitelisted server with no rules aimed at a more mature audience. You can find out more information about it at the link above, and if you wish to try it out, you can join the Discord Server here.

I know this was a pretty big post, and if you made it to the end, thanks for reading. I hope all of you are as excited as I am for this update as it's well overdue.

-Zack

Comments