1. Hi there Guest, over the next few days we are going to start experimenting with ad placement on this website. They should only show up on the sidebar and below the content to be as unobtrusive as possible.

Announcement Major Change Incoming

Discussion in 'News' started by Zack, May 14, 2017.

1. Zack

Zack Administrator
    Staff Member

zackerykr
    Admin
    Hello everyone! I've got a gigantic announcement to make today. The staff and I have been talking over the past few days about how to really get the ball rolling again, and what we've come up with is a really big deal to how TK is going to be from here on out.

The biggest change that we're making is we're going to sort of "re-brand", meaning that we're no longer going to focus on Roleplay as our main attraction (for a number of reasons), and instead we're going to be focusing more on being a medieval Towny server. So, that means that we're not going to be "branded" as a roleplay Towny server any longer. This means a new logo, advertising more often (which will now be up to more people than just me), and removing anything RP related from any of the descriptions we have of the server across the many advert sites.

I do want to be clear about something as well, we are not resetting the map for this. We'll actually be rolling out this rebrand when 1.12 hits (which is really damn close, Spigot actually did a pre-release for once). So again, no map reset. We will be reorganizing the interior of spawn, though. When this happens, we will also be whitelisted for a bit so we can get this done (although not a whole lot of people come on anyway).

We're also not scrapping the class system or the magic, and we're also probably going to have dungeons around as well. A big reason for this change is that it was almost a lie to call ourselves a roleplay server, especially when we had no main quest line or story what so ever to follow. The server has always been more of a fantasy medieval server, but with RP forced into it, making things a lot more complicated than it needed to be. That said, @Moon will probably still work on Quests going forward, just not big ones. More event-type quests, I believe.

So, that's the big announcement. Even while writing this, I felt a little relieved because of the fact that I'm not going to be forcing RP as much, and thus having to think about every little thing for it. I hope this makes sense to everyone, and I'm actually really looking forward to seeing where this will go.

-Zack

• Like Like x 3
  2. BrosephOz

BrosephOz New Member

Cool, I can of course help with the spawn if you guys need it.

• Like Like x 1