Minecraft 1.13 & The Snapshot Server

Hello everyone! As you know, Minecraft 1.13 Pre-release 1 was released 2 days ago. That means we're getting a lot closer to the final release for 1.13, and of course that means we (as a staff team and as a server) need to start getting ready for the 1.13 update. This will be a bit of a longer wait time to update the server as there were actually quite a few new things added to the game, most notably for us is the new way item IDs are handled.

At the moment, the server is running with 69 plugins installed. Before we can really update, we have to make sure that the majority of those plugins are updated. The big ones at the moment are our shop plugin and Towny. As far as we've been told, Towny should be ready to just load up once 1.13 comes out, but we'll have to wait to see if that's really the case. Some things should work right out of the gate, but I'm expecting the majority of our plugins to need updating.

Something I need some feedback on is whether or not you guys want to go through a world reset. The only reason I'm even proposing one is because of all of the new additions and changes with world generation (new biomes, new monuments, etc), as currently if we update, all of the terrain that's already generated won't be changed, and you'll have to go pretty far out to find the new changes. Besides that, I'm personally iffy on how the new terrain generator will play with the old one, so we might be forced to wipe it anyway.

Nothing is set in stone right now concerning a reset though, but again, we need your feedback.

If you can't wait and want to try out 1.13 right now, you can! I've set up a Snapshot server that everyone can connect to and play on to experience 1.13. The IP for that server is snapshot.townykingdoms.com, so if you'd like to check out the changes with people from the server, you can.

That's all I have to say right now, but as usual I'll be posting updates here and on Discord with more info.

-Zack

Comments

Sigmus

May 20, 2018
If we were given time to gather our things-maybe a few days time? and were able to put them in a safe and mobile storage - from world to world then a reset would be fine with me

Zack

Administrator
Staff member
May 9, 2018
If we were given time to gather our things-maybe a few days time? and were able to put them in a safe and mobile storage - from world to world then a reset would be fine with me
It would probably take about a month for the plugins to get updated, plenty of time to gather your items. We'll warn you too, probably a few days in advance. :)