The Road to 1.13 Part 2

Greetings everyone! It's been over a month since I posted the original thread about our upgrade path to 1.13, and since (according to Minecraft.net right now) they are aiming for a release in 7 days (July 18) I thought I needed to update you all on what we're doing for 1.13.

Much of the plan is still in place, which is:

• No rank reset
  • No money reset
  • As soon as we can, allow players to connect with 1.13
Some things have been decided on from the last post, however. When I made my original post over a month ago, I asked everyone for feedback on a world reset. I got some good feedback, and ultimately we have decided that we are going to reset the world for 1.13. There are 2 main reasons for this, which are 1) The world has started acting up lately and clearly wants a fresh start and 2) we want the new generation features of 1.13 to be accessible without having to wander a huge amount of distance out of your way. However, that does not mean your builds will be gone, in fact if you are building inside of a town or are part of a town, most towns with important builds in them will be carried over to the new map manually by the build team and myself. Along with that, we will be allowing everyone to transfer their items over to the new world as soon as we are able to generate it so that you won't lose your inventory or ender chests. The sole reason we're resetting the world is so that everyone can have the new experiences added in 1.13 freely.

The new world, however, will have some restrictions put in place. Right now, the world is generated in an odd fashion. There are lots of branches of exploration that make the world size a bit unwieldy. Because of this, we will be putting a world border in place of 10,000 by 10,000 which is more than enough to get every biome in the map and still have room for plenty of exploration while at the same time allowing us to keep better control over the world itself. You most likely will not notice a difference, but if you do get to the world border, you just simply will not be able to explore farther than that.

As always, I'll keep all of you up to date on big decisions and status updates leading up to 1.13. I hope you all are as excited as I am to try out 1.13 on the main server!

-Zack

Comments